Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Peanut-butter Bars

As a wheat free newbie I'm constantly drooling over the cookies and treats that are brought to work functions. Well I whipped these up and brought them in and did they disappear fast! In fact this is the last one and I ate all the crumbs!

A gluten free-treat. I suppose you could make these as drop cookies, but I'm lazy and do them in a 9 x 9 greased pan.


Ingredients:
1/2 c. butter
1 c peanut butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
2 eggs
1 c. gluten-free baking mix
1 c.gluten-free oats (I used Bob's Red Mill)
optional
1/2 c chopped peanuts
1/2 c chopped apricots

Heat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 x 9 pan.
Mix butter, peanut butter and sugars until smooth. Add eggs beat well.
Add flour and oats. Mix.
Fold in peanuts and apricots (or whatever you choose)
Spread in pan. Batter will be thick.
Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and firm to the touch.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment