Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A new lifestyle

Arrgh - after 2 years of unrelenting pain, 13 doctors who misdiagnosed me, thousands of dollars in tests.....I found out it was the gluten in my life that was the cause. I started on a gluten-free diet this April and am still learning what I can and can't eat --- and finding out I have to abandon my habits of consuming processed food and change my lifestyle. It's getting easier.
Today my first gluten-free cookbooks came and I am inspired to get into the kitchen. I'm not a chef and I really didn't learn to cook until a few years ago. Watching the food channel, I would say to myself - well, yeah, I can do that! and I began experimenting in the kitchen. However my recipes are not usually written down, so I am endeavoring to - on this site to capture my successes and share my failures.

No comments:

Post a Comment